Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Arts Council Selects West Liberty Photographer as Featured Artist
- Rock Slide Forces Detour on US 60 and US 52 in Ashland
- Rajant Corporation to Locate in Morehead; Nearly 30 Jobs Created
- Anti-Smoking Campaign Discourages Use of E-Cigs
- Morehead Conference Center to Host Kentucky Proud Expo April 10-11
Thu March 20, 2014
Ashland Considers Downtown Parking
Ashland Mayor Chuck Charles says he welcomes a discussion about switching to diagonal parking on Winchester Avenue, one of the major thoroughfares through the city’s downtown.
He wants to make sure the city creates the best environment possible to help businesses thrive and encourage more people to shop downtown.
Proponents of angled parking on Winchester say it could create 60 to 80 additional spaces.
However, others have expressed concerns about safety. They warn there could be more accidents as motorists back out of angled spaces on a heavily-traveled street.