Most Active Stories
- Rajant Corporation to Locate in Morehead; Nearly 30 Jobs Created
- Kentucky Arts Council Selects West Liberty Photographer as Featured Artist
- Revolving Door Of Teachers Costs Schools Billions Every Year
- MSU Selects Inaugural Craft Academy Students
- 24 Kentucky Artists Selected For Governor’s Derby Exhibit
Fri April 18, 2014
Bognot Named OVC Women's Golfer Of The Week
Morehead State junior Vanessa Bognot has been named adidas Ohio Valley Conference Women's Golfer of the Week for the period of April 9-15. It is her first career weekly honor and MSU's fourth this school year.
Bognot, a native of Granada Hills, Calif., posted a 71 on Sunday (April 13) to finish first out of 14 golfers in a dual match against Tennessee Tech. The Eagles registered a 298-306 victory over the Golden Eagles at the Kearney Hills Golf Course.
"Congratulations to Vanessa on this weekly honor," Head Coach Stephanie Barker said. "Vanessa has emerged as one of our top performers this spring. She is a quality person, good student and very talented golfer. We are glad she's an Eagle."
Bognot, who ranks second on the team in stroke average (77.5), owns three top-10 finishes in 10 events this school year. The 71 was her best single round in 2013-14. She has also recorded a 151 in a 36-hole event and 219 in a 54-hole tournament.