Most Active Stories
- Rajant Corporation to Locate in Morehead; Nearly 30 Jobs Created
- Kentucky Arts Council Selects West Liberty Photographer as Featured Artist
- Revolving Door Of Teachers Costs Schools Billions Every Year
- MSU Selects Inaugural Craft Academy Students
- 24 Kentucky Artists Selected For Governor’s Derby Exhibit
Sat March 8, 2014
Daylight Savings Time Begins This Weekend
Daylight Savings Time begins Sunday (March 9) at 2:00a.m. Remember to move your clocks forward one hour before you go to bed Saturday night.
It’s also recommended to change the batteries in your smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors and fire alarms. Check batteries in media devices, children's toys, and other items such as flashlights, garage door openers and clocks.
Inspect the first aid kits in the home or car and replace dated or missing items. Update emergency phone numbers and review your family's emergency plan. Consider replacing conventional bulbs with energy-efficient compact fluorescent or LCD bulbs.
Prepare for spring with your vehicle by changing wiper blades, oil and filters (oil and air). Check your car battery, brake fluid and tire pressure, rotating the tires as needed.
Consider the environment and recycle old batteries, light bulbs and medicines. Contact your local Health Department or County Extension Office for more information.