Most Active Stories
- Rajant Corporation to Locate in Morehead; Nearly 30 Jobs Created
- Kentucky Arts Council Selects West Liberty Photographer as Featured Artist
- Revolving Door Of Teachers Costs Schools Billions Every Year
- MSU Selects Inaugural Craft Academy Students
- 24 Kentucky Artists Selected For Governor’s Derby Exhibit
Around the Nation
Tue September 17, 2013
Employee Gives School Principal Pot As A Gift
Originally published on Tue September 17, 2013 9:38 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
The head of a Rhode Island school was named Providence Principal of the Year, but that was only the start of the accolades. Police say an employee, Christopher Michael Sheehan, gave his boss a present to celebrate - a half ounce of marijuana. Mr. Sheehan was arrested. Just to be clear, since it can apparently be easy to forget, Rhode Island is not one of the states that has legalized pot, and especially not in a school zone.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.