Most Active Stories
- MSU Top Ranked College for 11th Straight Year
- Solar Flare Could Trigger Auroras Tonight For Northern U.S.
- Historian Explains Why It's Important to Preserve Your Nearby Graveyards
- EKPC To Remove Coal Ash Near Kentucky River
- West Virginian Uses Opera to Talk Mountaintop Removal Mining, Painkiller Overdoses
Wed June 25, 2014
Fleming Co. Gas Line Project
The city of Flemingsburg is making change to a gas line project.
After reaching an agreement with the Fleming County School District in January, the line was initially supposed to cross part of the high school’s property.
However, Mayor Martin Voiers says the city recently decided to move the line because it was uncertain if, and when, the State Board of Education might sign-off on the project…
Pending the expected approval from the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, the gas line will be placed in the right-of-way in front of the high school, along Elizaville Road. It will provide those living in Elizaville with gas service from Flemingsburg. The project is expected to take about two weeks to complete.