Morehead State University's Steven Middleton, instructor of mass communication, and Kentucky filmmaker will have his documentary “Far Above The Rolling Campus: A History of Morehead State University” begin airing on the KET family of networks starting June 19.
The film was co-produced by convergent media (CVM) graduate John Tanner Blevins (16.) The film took 19 months to complete and includes archival photographs, 16 mm film, audio recordings and modern interviews to encompasses the 130-year history of Morehead State University.
“I am very honored to have been asked to produce a film about our university’s rich history. I feel even more honored that I got to help mentor, and guide one of our CVM students in the production of this piece. After 130 years, the school’s original mission is still as relevant as ever. If viewers take anything away from the documentary, it should be how important this mountain institution has been to its now over 65,000 alumni and our region,” said Middleton.
This original documentary covers the history of Morehead State University from 1887 to the present day. It highlights the historical events and cultural and societal issues that helped shape the campus, students, faculty and staff who have called Morehead State University home.
KET airdates will be:
- KET: Monday, June 19 at 9 p.m.
- KET: Wednesday, June 21 at 3 a.m.
- KETKY: Wednesday, June 21 at 9 p.m.
- KETKY: Friday, June 23 at 10 a.m.
- KETKY: Sunday, June 25 at 10 a.m.
- KETKY: Sunday, June 25 at 6:30 p.m.
- KETKY: Monday, June 26 at midnight
- KETKY: Wednesday, June 28 at 6:30 a.m.
- KETKY: Wednesday, June 28 at 8 p.m.
- KETKY: Friday, June 30 at 6 p.m.
- KETKY: Saturday, July 1 at 11 a.m.
- KETKY: Saturday, July 1 at 7:30 p.m.
- KETKY: Tuesday, Aug. 1 at 10 a.m.
- KETKY: Friday, Aug. 4 at 1 a.m.
Additional information is available by contacting Middleton at 606-783-9583.