Most Active Stories
- Rajant Corporation to Locate in Morehead; Nearly 30 Jobs Created
- Kentucky Arts Council Selects West Liberty Photographer as Featured Artist
- Revolving Door Of Teachers Costs Schools Billions Every Year
- MSU Selects Inaugural Craft Academy Students
- 24 Kentucky Artists Selected For Governor’s Derby Exhibit
Wed April 2, 2014
Moreno and Manz Earn OVC Track Honors
Morehead State's Jesse Moreno and Karina Manz have been selected Ohio Valley Conference Co-Track Athletes of the Week. Both ran OVC-best 5K times at the Raleigh Relays last weekend.
Moreno, a junior from Riverside, Ohio, set a school record with a personal best time of 14:42.72. He topped 35 other competitors in his heat. It marked the second time in as many weeks that Moreno established a school record as he broke the 3K mark at the Butler Bulldog Opener two weeks ago. During the cross country season, Moreno ran the second-best 10K time in program history and he was named Second-Team All-OVC.
Manz, a freshman hailing from Hardt, Germany, defeated 28 other racers in her heat of the 5K with a personal-best time of 17:15.62. The mark is an OVC best by more than 10 seconds. In the Fall, Manz recorded the sixth-best 6K time on the NCAA Southeast Regional cross country course.
Both Morehead State teams travel to Louisville on Friday and Saturday for the Bellarmine Invitational.