Most Active Stories
- SOAR Announces High-Capacity Broadband Project Plans
- Gov. Beshear Tells County Clerks to Fullfill Their Duties or Resign
- Conservationists Push for Legislation as Kentucky Explores Deep-Well Fracking
- ACLU Issues Statement on Rowan County Lawsuit
- Donation Center Opens in Rowan County to Assist Flood Victims
Thu September 26, 2013
MSU Extends "Farm To Campus" Program
Kentucky Agriculture Commissioner James Comer was on the Morehead State University Campus on Thursday (September 26) to formally announce the extension of his “Farm to Campus” program to MSU.
Comer says it’s an initiative in which his department partners with Kentucky colleges to help them with their buy-local efforts in the community.
“I was at a processor that was fixing to open up in Morgan County last weekend and he’s a Morehead State AG alum. He’s made a significant investment in a meat processing facility there. He’s already hired eighteen people and gonna get up to thirty-five jobs. You’ll be working closely with that processor, I can assure you.” –James Comer
Comer spoke to agriculture students, faculty and staff at the MSU Farm.