Most Active Stories
Wed January 29, 2014
MSU to take part in ‘RecycleMania’
Morehead State University will participate in “RecycleMania,” a nationwide competition against other higher education institutions that encourages recycling with rewarding opportunities for the schools and students, Feb. 2 through March 31.
The University has ordered 50 new recycling bins with the MSU logo that will be placed next to the outside garbage bins around campus and at sporting event areas. In addition, 11 new 4-compartment recycling bins have been ordered and they will be placed in the residence hall lobbies.
The MSU Sustainability Committee will assist the University in recycling “much more” materials.
The Sustainability Committee pledges to increase recycled materials generated at the workplace by 10 percent during the next two years.
MSU will achieve its goal by taking actions which may include:
• Identifying opportunities to recycle more and waste less;
• Making recycling more convenient in our workplace to enable greater participation;
• Increasing employee awareness of waste reduction and recycling opportunities in the workplace;
• Identifying cost-effective opportunities to purchase products with recycled content;
• Implementing purchasing policies that consider a product’s end of life use and recyclability;
• Reporting on our actions and progress through the Recycling at Work online reporting system;
• Celebrating our success; and
• Inviting at least one other company or organization to take this Pledge.
MSU is proud to take the Recycling at Work pledge and join other businesses and organizations in increasing recycling at our workplace. Every action adds up to making a difference.
More information can also be found at www.moreheadstate.edu/earthwise/.