Morehead State University’s Department of Music, Threatre and Dance will present “Little Shop of Horrors” at the Lucille Caudill Little Theatre in Breckinridge Hall, April 17-21 at 7:30 p.m. and April 22 at 2 p.m.
“Little Shop of Horrors” is based on the film by Roger Corman. Screenplay written by Charles Griffith.
Little Shop of Horrors is a horror comedy rock musical, about a hapless florist shop worker who raises a plant that feeds on human blood and flesh. The musical is based on the low-budget 1960 black comedy film The Little Shop of Horrors. The music in the style of early 1960s rock and roll, doo-wop and early Motown, includes several well-known tunes, including the title song, "Skid Row (Downtown)," "Somewhere That's Green," and "Suddenly, Seymour."
Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for seniors, children and non-MSU students, and free for MSU students with a valid ID.
The cast includes:
- The People of Skid Row - Ensemble;
- A Voice Not Unlike God’s - Quincy Swain of Louisville;
- Crystal - Haley Fecher of Mt. Sterling;
- Ronnette - Hannah Maggard of Whiteburg;
- Chiffon - Eliza Eaches of Wheelersburg, Ohio;
- Mushnik - Bugs Reinhardt of Minford, Ohio;
- Seymour - Charles Jenkins of Morehead;
- Audrey - Kayla Holbrook of Sandy Hook;
- Wino 1 - Andrew Hall of Ashland;
- Wino 2 - Hannah Holbrook of Grayson;
- Customer 1 - Hannah Gipson of Louisville;
- Interviewer - Robbie Freeman of Berry;
- Orin (Dentist) - Jackson Hurt of Richmond;
- Audrey II (Voice) - Joseph Knagenhjelm of Proctorville, Ohio;
- Audrey II (Puppeteer) - Jacob Dowell of Nicholasville;
- Customer 2 - Emily Chaney of Pikeville;
- Bernstein - Tag Sadler of West Portsmouth, Ohio;
- Mrs. Luce - Makayla Reed of Falmouth;
- Skip Snip - Dejah Garner of Lexington; and
- Patrick Martin - Quincy Swain of Louisville.
Tickets are available by calling the MSU Box Office at 606-783-2170, 606-783-9308 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.