Most Active Stories
- Rajant Corporation to Locate in Morehead; Nearly 30 Jobs Created
- Kentucky Arts Council Selects West Liberty Photographer as Featured Artist
- Revolving Door Of Teachers Costs Schools Billions Every Year
- MSU Selects Inaugural Craft Academy Students
- 24 Kentucky Artists Selected For Governor’s Derby Exhibit
Sat August 24, 2013
Ohio St. Edges Morehead On Late Goal
No. 23 Ohio State scored a goal with less than six minutes remaining to secure a 3-2 victory over the Morehead State soccer team on Friday (August 23) at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium.
The Eagles (0-0-1) took a 1-0 lead in the 14th minute, when a headed effort by junior forward Macy Cobb beat OSU goalkeeper Rachel Middleman. The Buckeyes (1-0-0) answered 13 minutes later when Kristen Niederhaus headed in a corner kick from Megan Fuller.
Cobb gave the Eagles a 2-1 lead in the 58th minute when she finished from 10 yards out for her second score of the contest. It was the first two-goal performance by a Morehead State player since October 30, 2011. The Buckeyes countered with two unanswered goals, as Nichelle Prince scored on a through ball from Niederhaus. The game-winner came from Lindsay Agnew, as she finished a well-placed pass from Michela Paradiso from eight yards out.
MSU was outshot 18-5 in the contest. Eight Buckeye shots were on goal, while three shots were on target for the Eagles. Morehead State returns to action on Sunday (August 25) with a 1:00pm contest at Saint Francis (Pa.).