Most Active Stories
- MSU Top Ranked College for 11th Straight Year
- Solar Flare Could Trigger Auroras Tonight For Northern U.S.
- Historian Explains Why It's Important to Preserve Your Nearby Graveyards
- EKPC To Remove Coal Ash Near Kentucky River
- West Virginian Uses Opera to Talk Mountaintop Removal Mining, Painkiller Overdoses
Thu October 31, 2013
Rand Paul on Government Funding
Rather than forcing another government shutdown, Kentucky Senator Rand Paul says Republicans should use rhetoric to shame President Obama into cutting spending when the two sides meet to negotiate an increase in the nation’s debt ceiling and discuss another continuing funding resolution before the January deadline.
Paul says most Americans are concerned about the amount of debt that Uncle Sam is racking-up and want to see that practice end. He adds that reducing federal government spending is not a complicated problem…
Paul says if the federal government used across-the-board 1% cuts over five years it would balance its budget.