Most Active Stories
- Rajant Corporation to Locate in Morehead; Nearly 30 Jobs Created
- Kentucky Arts Council Selects West Liberty Photographer as Featured Artist
- Revolving Door Of Teachers Costs Schools Billions Every Year
- MSU Selects Inaugural Craft Academy Students
- 24 Kentucky Artists Selected For Governor’s Derby Exhibit
Fri August 30, 2013
Road Work Planned On U.S. 60 In Ashland
Ashland motorists should be on the lookout for lane closures and night-time paving operations along U.S. Route 60 during the next few weeks.
As part of a nearly two million dollar Kentucky Transportation Cabinet highway improvement project, a little more than two miles of the road will be repaved along 13th Street beginning on Tuesday, September 3rd.
Spokesperson Allen Blair says even though the project will be happening between the hours of 7PM and 7AM, lane closures could pose traffic difficulties during the day as well.
“We just want people to be aware of that, traveling at night through that area…to watch for one lane sections, rough pavement, flaggers that could be out, and just protect themselves and our crews that are working on the highway.” –Allen Blair
Blair says if the weather cooperates, the project should take no more than three weeks to complete.