Most Active Stories
- Rajant Corporation to Locate in Morehead; Nearly 30 Jobs Created
- Kentucky Arts Council Selects West Liberty Photographer as Featured Artist
- Revolving Door Of Teachers Costs Schools Billions Every Year
- MSU Selects Inaugural Craft Academy Students
- 24 Kentucky Artists Selected For Governor’s Derby Exhibit
Fri October 11, 2013
Skyhawks Defeat Eagles 3-0
The UT Martin Skyhawks scored three second-half goals, including two from corner kicks, and added a third tally with four seconds remaining to defeat the Morehead State soccer team 3-0 on Friday (October 11) at Jayne Stadium.
MSU (3-9-1, 2-2) had its best chance of the match in the sixth minute, when junior forward Jade Flory's effort hit the post.
The Eagles out-shot UT Martin (5-7-1, 3-1) 7-4 in the first 45 minutes, but did not force a save. Two Skyhawk shots were on goal. MSU also held a 5-0 advantage in corner kicks.
UT Martin opened the scoring in the 47th minute when Abi Sanvee scored following a scramble off a corner kick. The Skyhawks made it 2-0 in the 62nd minute when Ashlie Watson scored off a headed flick from Lucy Pater.
Michelle Calmeyn finished the scoring with four seconds remaining on a 30-yard effort that found the top corner.
The Eagles finished the match with a 16-9 shots advantage, while the visitors held a 6-4 edge in shots on goal.
MSU returns to action on Sunday (October 13) at 1 p.m. when Southeast Missouri visits Jayne Stadium for an Ohio Valley Conference contest.