Soccer Prepares for OVC Road Tests at EIU and SIUE
The Morehead State soccer team closes out a series of four straight road matches with Ohio Valley Conference contests at Eastern Illinois on Friday and SIU Edwardsville on Sunday.
• MSU has played six of its last seven matches away from Jayne Stadium.
• Junior forward Jade Flory was named OVC Offensive Player of the Week for the second straight week following her
performance at Jacksonville State. The Chambersburg, Pa., native scored both goals in the 2-1 double overtime victory over
Jacksonville State. Flory's six goals are tied for second in the league.
• The Eagles' victory over Jacksonville State was the first win in an OVC opener since the 2010 season. MSU also had back-toback
wins for the first time since the 2011 OVC Tournament.
• Sophomore goalkeeper Elizabeth Floyd made her third start of the season in the 2-1 win at Jacksonville State. The Russell, Ky.,
native has made nine saves. Floyd finished 2012 fifth in single-season school history with a 1.38 goals against average.
•The combined record of the first 10 MSU opponents is 52-39-15. Only five teams on the schedule have three or more losses.
PREVIEWING EIU & SIUE
• EIU leads the OVC in goals against average (0.51), shutouts (5) and corner kicks (59). The Panthers lead the OVC standings with
a 2-0 conference mark.
• The Panthers went six matches without a goal, but have scored six in the last three matches, including four in a victory over
• SIUE is unbeaten in nine of its last 10 matches. The 1-0 loss to Tennessee Tech on Sept. 27 was the first setback for the Cougars
since a 1-0 setback at Kansas City on Aug. 23.
• Kayla Delgado leads the Cougar attack with six goals, which is tied for second best in the OVC, along with Flory.