Most Active Stories
- Rajant Corporation to Locate in Morehead; Nearly 30 Jobs Created
- Kentucky Arts Council Selects West Liberty Photographer as Featured Artist
- Revolving Door Of Teachers Costs Schools Billions Every Year
- MSU Selects Inaugural Craft Academy Students
- 24 Kentucky Artists Selected For Governor’s Derby Exhibit
Thu October 24, 2013
State Auditor Edelin on City Finances
State Auditor Adam Edelin says some of the financial mismanagement that has occurred in Kentucky cities in recent years is a result of economic pressures triggered by the recession. The Democrat testified in Frankfort Wednesday before House and Senate members of the Local Government Committee.
Edelin says state and federal lawmakers should be more sensitive to the problems they create for cities when they pass on costs to them…
Edelin says that’s how some cities get into trouble. He also says more scrutiny by councils on spending by the city administration would ensure better prioritization of resources.