Most Active Stories
- MSU Top Ranked College for 11th Straight Year
- Solar Flare Could Trigger Auroras Tonight For Northern U.S.
- Historian Explains Why It's Important to Preserve Your Nearby Graveyards
- EKPC To Remove Coal Ash Near Kentucky River
- West Virginian Uses Opera to Talk Mountaintop Removal Mining, Painkiller Overdoses
Thu November 7, 2013
US 23 Road Improvements
Shoulder paving is underway along US 23 North in Greenup County as part of a four-million dollar improvement project. Spokesman for the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Allen Blair says it involves the installation of 28.5 miles of paved shoulders and more than 30 turning lanes.
When the work is finished, says Blair, the road will be a lot safer…
Blair says the work will progress northbound to Kentucky 8 near South Shore and then return to the southbound lanes. He says it will require some lane closures during the period. The project is expected to continue through December.