Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- MSU Top Ranked College for 11th Straight Year
- Solar Flare Could Trigger Auroras Tonight For Northern U.S.
- Historian Explains Why It's Important to Preserve Your Nearby Graveyards
- EKPC To Remove Coal Ash Near Kentucky River
- West Virginian Uses Opera to Talk Mountaintop Removal Mining, Painkiller Overdoses
Health Matters is a hour-long program that focuses on the health care needs of the mountain region. The weekly program is a co-production of Morehead State Public Radio and the Northeast Kentucky Area Health Education Center. AHEC offices are located at the Saint Claire Regional Medical Center in Morehead and Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital in Ashland. Host Tony Weaver, a practicing physician in Rowan County, and his team of health experts interview guests and discuss health issues like obesity, tobacco use, heart disease, exercise and other topics concerning the well being of eastern Kentuckians.