Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Arts Council Selects West Liberty Photographer as Featured Artist
- Rock Slide Forces Detour on US 60 and US 52 in Ashland
- Rajant Corporation to Locate in Morehead; Nearly 30 Jobs Created
- Anti-Smoking Campaign Discourages Use of E-Cigs
- Morehead Conference Center to Host Kentucky Proud Expo April 10-11
Fri April 25, 2014
Ashland Exploring Riverfront Park Enhancements
The city of Ashland will seek proposals for a floating restaurant at its Riverfront Park.
Chris Pullem is the city’s economic development director.
“Since we cut the ribbon on the riverfront, there has been a lot of discussion in our community about what we can do to enhance our Riverfront Park and I think the consensus is that the city should work to identify a restaurant and a marina that could come down and set-up shop.” –Chris Pullem
Pullem says the restaurant would be permanently moored in Ashland. He says city officials have visited other riverfront towns that have floating restaurants and are convinced the concept would work well in the Boyd County community.