Most Active Stories
- Rajant Corporation to Locate in Morehead; Nearly 30 Jobs Created
- Kentucky Arts Council Selects West Liberty Photographer as Featured Artist
- Revolving Door Of Teachers Costs Schools Billions Every Year
- MSU Selects Inaugural Craft Academy Students
- 24 Kentucky Artists Selected For Governor’s Derby Exhibit
Thu October 3, 2013
Lt. Governor Urges Tax Reform
Lieutenant Governor Jerry Abramson says he thinks most Kentuckians want tax reform. He chaired the Governor’s Blue Ribbon Commission on tax reform and the panel has made a series of recommendations to the General Assembly for modernizing the system and generating new revenues.
Abramson isn’t sure lawmakers will act on any of those proposals next year but he’s challenging all Kentuckians to think them through and act accordingly…
Abramson says Kentucky has cut its budget by 1.6 billion dollars over the last six years and now it’s time to look at areas where investments are needed.